Online Portal

Q: After the form has been submitted as requested. What is the next step needed to set up an account to make payments online?

 A: Once all information submitted has been matched up to our system information we will send you a website link so that you may create your account using the last 4-digits of SS#, DOB & email


Q: Can more than one account be set-up for the same unit?

A: Yes, so long as the account is being set-up by the residents on the lease, stock certificate or unit owner


Q: On the information sheet, is it necessary to provide DOB and the last four digits of SS#?

A: Yes, the DOB & last four digits of SS# are required for security purposes. The online account information you enter needs to match the DOB, SS# and email to what we have in our system, if this information does not match our records than you will be unable to create an online account



Q: Is Auto-Pay required to make online payments?

A: No, auto-pay is not required; you can also set-up one-time payments 


Q: Can online payments be made using a credit card?

A: No, as of now you will only be able to make ACH payments only


Q: How long would it take for the payment to be reflected on my resident account?

A: the system works in real-time; therefore payment will post to the resident account instantly


Q: When is rent considered late?

A: Rent is due the 1st of the month, rent is considered late after the 2nd of the month and late fees will be charged if rent is not paid by the 10th of the month


Q: What forms of payment are accepted?

A: Check or money orders are accepted at our office. ACH debit payments may be scheduled online. Cash will not be accepted.


Q: What happens if my rent check or ACH payment bounces?

A: You will be charged an NSF fee as well as late fee charges if applicable. This does not include any charges your bank may impose. If two checks fail to clear the bank in any lease period, we will no longer accept personal checks from you. Subsequent payments will have to be made in the form of a money order, cashier's check, or certified check.


Maintenance and Repair

Q: How do I request maintenance for my unit?

A: If it is not an emergency, please use the Online Resident Portal to submit your maintenance request. You can also call our offices at 914-964-0554. If this is an emergency (see below), please call us at 914-964-0554 immediately. If the office is closed, you can reach us through our 24/7 emergency answering service at 914-921-4695.

Emergency Conditions

  • No hot water
  • No heat (September to May)
  • Water leaks/flooding (dripping faucets are not considered an emergency)
  • Broken toilet (in one bathroom units)
  • Broken or inoperable door lock
  • Refrigerator not cooling
  • Garbage disposal causing kitchen sink clog
  • Anything that may cause harm or injury to a resident
  • Natural gas leaks (call your local utility company)
  • Fire or smoke of any sort

We will respond to your service request as soon as possible, generally within 48-hours.


Q: How do I request maintenance?

A: We prefer that you submit a maintenance request using the online resident site (click on service request tab). You can also request a repair by emailing the manager or submitting a request in writing. Contact information is on the resident site web page.


Q: Do I have to be at home when service is performed?

A: You do not need to be at home unless that is your preference. We have internal staff/maintenance technicians and outside vendors who will perform the work in a professional manner. If you want to be there during the service call, you need to indicate that preference on your request. The service person will make three attempts to contact you. After three unsuccessful attempts, the request will be terminated. In the event of a hazardous situation, the service person will be allowed to access the property without a tenant being present.


Q: How quickly can I expect requested maintenance to be performed?

A: There are several factors that affect the scheduling of service requests, including the number of active requests and the availability of service personnel. We review each request, then prioritize it and schedule the service as quickly as we can. You will typically be contacted the same day the request is made to determine what action needs to be taken.


Q: Can I perform the work myself or hire someone else to do it and send you the bill?

A: No. Our maintenance technicians are familiar with the homes and qualified to do the work. Sometimes we need to bring in licensed contractors who have the ability to do specialized repairs properly. Unauthorized repairs will not be reimbursed.


Q: Can I withhold rent if I am dissatisfied with a repair job?

A: No. The lease does not permit you to withhold rent. Please contact the property manager to discuss any unresolved repair issues.


Move Out/ Security Deposit

Q: What steps should I follow when it is time to move out?

A: Please refer to the Vacating Instructions that were provided at the time you signed your lease.


Q: When do I have to return the keys?

A: All keys must be returned on the last day of your lease or when you vacate the premises. You are not officially moved out until the keys are returned. If you fail to return the keys, you may be charged a penalty.


Q: What happens to my security deposit after I move out?

A: When you vacate the property, a member of our staff (preferably with you present) will perform a move-out inspection. This inspection will be compared to your move-in report, and return of your security deposit will be processed according to applicable state laws.


Q: How soon can I get my security deposit back?

A: We finalize the disposition of security deposits 30 days from the date that the lease expires or you move out and turn in your keys, whichever is later. We mail a check to the forwarding address that you supply.


Q: What if my security deposit is not sufficient to cover my charges?

A: We will send you a notice detailing all expenses and charges for which you are responsible beyond what is covered by the deposit. Final payment must be received within 30 days.


Q: What if I do not pay my outstanding charges?

A: If outstanding charges are not paid within 30 days, your account will be turned over to a collection agency and may become part of your credit history.


Q: What if I disagree with the disposition of my security deposit?

A: You must submit your objection to us in writing within 30 days of the disposition notice. The main office will work with the property manager and the resident to resolve any disputes.



Q: What if I have a problem or concern with a neighbor?

A: It is usually best to try to resolve the issue yourself first. If you are unable to do so, contact the property manager.